Sunday, November 2, 2008

A new month...

Hello Family,

It's fast Sunday and as fast Sunday's go, the Spirit was strong and accounted for during Sacrament meeting. Sometimes it's less so but today it was brilliant and strong. I noticed my old visiting teaching companion (she's only old bc she went inactive) sitting in the 2nd to the last row. I was so excited for her.

Our ward has Break the Fast still...it's a remainder from the days of being a branch and I have a feeling that it isnt' going anywhere soon. I actually managed to put a roast in the crock pot and contrinbute to the meal this month - once a year isn't too bad is it?!?

Yesterday I had my Lia Sophia party and I would like an order from mom (or dad for mom), Karen (or Nathan for karen), Janell and Leilani. You see where i'm going here don't you?!?! Gifts are for giving!:) It was really fun, 3 single adults from another ward, 1 from my ward, my visiting teaching supervisor and mother of 3 small (under 5) children and two non-members friends and one brought a neighbor. It was packed in my little living room. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I was grateful for a reason to clean the bathroom floor, hang up all my clothes and get the laundry off the bathroom floor. See, I CAN do it.

As far as work goes - Tuesday I finally got written up for a bad performance las quarter. This is all mainly due to the lack of performance on the golf tournament. Everything revolved around that event including a lot of time that I could have spent doing other things. I'm still not worried, I know there is a plan for me.

Grad school essays are on the top of the list to complete today. I have 3 of the 10 done but dang, they are each just a little bit different so I have to tweak each one according to the questions.

I am sitting here with General Conference playing in the background. My favorite talk from the Sat AM session so far is from the Hispanic lady who talked about missionary work. I couldn't keep the tears from flowing, similarly to the first time, when she talked about how she married in the temple and had 8 kids, their children served missions and the work never stops, nor does the goodness from those who serve or chose the Lord's Church. I have so much respect for all those who join the church.

This week, I have jury duty orientation all day on Wed and appts every single day the rest of the week. Busy, busy and more busy. I'll be up on Friday bc it's staff meeting day. Oh joy.

Hugs and kisses to all the babies. And Aukai, "fire engine!" LOL...

~Sharon

1 comment:

Karen Nihipali Wicke said...

Yahoo...I knew you could do it too.
I don't wear jewelry so I'm out of the party loop, sorry.

When I had my candle party a couple of weeks ago, I had to clean my bathroom too and so really quick as the lady was setting up her stuff, I cleaned it. Get this...I was told once when I went somewhere and I asked to use the bathroom, I couldn't becuase it wasn't in the best of shape so, I had to hold it...it was sad yet a complete crack up so now I don't ask anymore, I just hold it.