Thursday, November 27, 2008

Lessons in Gratitude

My Thanksgiving has extended to this entire week. Starting on Saturday with a potluck dinner with the family readiness group where we met with the other families of soldiers with Steven and had a briefing to give us information about how everything is supposed to work.I learned a lot that I need and met some more people. Aukai and Keli'i got to play with new friends.
My lesson continued on Monday when my friend, Sheena called to ask if I wanted the kids to go to her place to play and I could get things done. I had been sick and was really tired but I needed to get stuff done for Tuesday when my Home Teachers were supposed to come over and haul away anything I had ready to go out the door. So instead of trying to clean and pack stuff with the kids unpacking the same stuff, I was able to get groceries, clean my fridge, and get some stuff ready to go before I got too tired.
Then on Tuesday, my HT did come over just as planned. But, unlike the plan, they didn't just haul away the stuff I had ready, they stayed and helped me clean and rearrange my living room so it was exactly how I wanted it! They moved my TV to the other side of the room in mere minutes and that alone would have taken me an hour full of unplugging, unhooking, disconnecting and carrying. All they did was work together and move it all at the same time.
I have been able to talk with Steven, get my home warm, get groceries for the kids, clean, and play with my kids. It has been a wonderful week full of blessings for which I am eternally grateful.
I hope all of your weeks have been full of thanks too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love, Janell, Aukai, and Keli'i

1 comment:

Sharona said...

There's no better time than to reflect on all of our blessings. Hugs to you and the kiddos.

Sharon