Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh no......

Nobody would have guessed this morning when I got up to go to work that Nathans Honda wouldn't work and that in the middle of going to work, it would stop right on the exit that I take to take the back streets to work.
Well, it happened. I take I-10 to I-17 and then I take the 16th St exit and then go to 24th St and then right up to the back side of the buildings because there is NO traffic that way. The worse part of the morning traffic is the exit off 59th Ave to 27th Ave, other than that, it is pretty clean.

I took the exit and then all of a sudden, the car turned off. I only made it off the exit because it rolled until about a car lengths away from the turning light so that I could turn right. Many people just drove by and left me until a gentleman in his truck asked me if I needed help and then he pushed me to the right and on to a side street. I called Nathan and we laughed at the whole thing because it happened to him some time back too while sitting at a light. We are fine, we made it home to and called Abe to have him suggest a car electrician because Nathan is now convinced that it is an electric issue, which I am starting to see that it is true. We have had everything else fixed and not anything electric, so now we are convinced that it is that.

Needless to say, I don't have a way to work today until we know that we can get another car to get me there without it falling apart. Nathan is still not feeling well so he is asleep and if a school calls him today, he'll need to get there :o)


This last week was exciting. I worked about 3-4 hrs of OT so that I could have some mailing money for 2 packages that need to go overseas. Steven is in Iraq and Elizabeth is in Germany and I want to get something off for Christmas for both of them. I'm hoping to continue to do well at work this winter because that will help me make my spring and summer flourish! My prayers are all about success as Nathan is trying to continue school and finish up. One more year to go exactly :o)

I don't have to work Thursday or Friday for Thanksgiving so I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do on Saturday. Friday I am going to be home most of the day, hoping to take orders for Pampered Chef or I'm done with it. I can't sell something that nobody is interested in. It has been hard the past couple of month and I haven't had a party at all and people haven't been interested in doing a party. I know that the economy is not looking but, but even better to order stuff and cook at home. Restaurants are way over rated anyways and home cooked food is always better. Anyways, I have a all day online/email/phone show going on on Friday so I really don't want to go anywhere as I might miss an order.

Saturday I thought that it would be nice to go to the mountain so that I could touch snow and be done with it for the fall/winter. We'll see...I also think that it would be nice to go in December too. Ka'le liked it last winter when we were up in Show Low and Snowflake.

I hope Nathans sinus' get better before the Holidays because he'll be miserable while his family is here. We're just taking appetizers. Someone at work wants me to make pecan pies for her and she'll pay me to do it :o) She only wants 2 and that is doable so this afternoon I'll go get the pie crusts...I already have everything else to make them. That is an easy service project from me to her. Trish is the lady I work with that wants them and she is so sweet so she deserves them.

We're getting ready to take the car up to Abe, go to Costco and Fry's. They have turkeys on sell for less than $5. We're going to grab one and cook it up and and take it all apart and freeze it.

Have a great week everyone. The Holidays are officially upon us!

Love everyone,

Karen

No comments: