Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hey there y'all

Hi fam,

It's been a very crazy week. If you had asked me this day last week I would have said I quit my job, move out of the area and leave it all behind (and hopefully my entire behind too, lol)

However, over the last about 5 days, I've just been more bold in asking for help at work - getting the job done. So, I have two-three new helpers in Tillamook and 2 new in EV which will really help. Each of them are able to bring even more helpers to the table.

Saturday we had Pow Wow and it was sooo fun. My favorite class was Ceremonies and Pizzaz and I learned a lot about how to recognize adults and kids in a very simple, fun ceremonial way. Our instructor was AWESOME!!! You know there are some people who do scouting, some people who do it because they have to and some that GET IT. She way got it. If we could clone her, wow, would that be awesome.

Today had tithing settlement and I totallylove my bishop. He always laughs at my dumb jokes. I asked him if I could get be released from Relief Society and he said no way. I told him that I thought that my lessons were sort of repetitive and boring and he said that that wasn't the feedback he'd been getting. The counselor over the teachers so doesn't like me and she rarely if ever hears my lessons anyway, doesn't participate and told me once that she never feels the spirit during my lessons. That's hardly groundwork for a great relationship.

Anyway...Christmas is coming and I can't wait to put up my tree as it's an equal opportunity ornament tree- one that offers equal viewing for each ornament as it's prelight strung and SPINS!! I love it. I looked for other colors and ornaments to try and change it up this year however I just couldn't bring myself to do it! I might alternate or something but I just couldn't bring myself to change it all over.

See you all soon and HOPE to hear from you all soon. Let's use this tool, k, folks to stay in touch.

If you dont' want to type twice, just copy and paste, that works as well.

Hugs and kisses,

Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get to be there for your lessons but I'll tell you that the spirit will be there wherever it is invited and needs to be. That sister just doesn't have it in her heart and is searching for it and is jealous of what you bring to relief society and the sisters.

So, I agree with the bishop, you don't get to be released...you get to endure to the end and enjoy it and have other sisters enjoy your "dumb" jokes and you testify of the divinity of the Savior and your love for him.

So, yeah, I said it....tell that sister to shut up and sit down or give the dang lesson :o)