Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another week down...

So another week is over and done. I am very glad. I want the entire time to fly but I'll take the days passing at a normal rate.
We had a pretty uneventful week last week. I had my book club on Tuesday, playgroup Wednesday ("group" is a loosely used term as we were the only ones there), Thursday I scrubbed down the kitchen and bathroom (it's actually still clean! Thanks kids!), Friday we talked with Daddy for most of the morning(!!!!) and Saturday we dealt with runny noses and coughs so we didn't do much. So there's our week!
Steven is doing well. He doesn't really get along with his roommate but he has 2 good guys that he spends most of his free time with, so I've adopted them for Christmas. They'll all get small stockings with Dollar Store toys, a utility knife, and a candy bar, not much but at least they have something to open. The official last day to send care packages for Christmas is Dec 11 around here, but to be safe, if you want to send anything for Christmas plan on sending it around Dec 4.
This next week, I'm hoping that I'll be much busier. Tomorrow we have free pictures being done through www.oplove.org (check it out and donate if you can, it's a wonderful program), Tuesday I have an FRG meeting, Wednesday is empty so far but I hope we make it to YMCA to play, Thursday we have a birthday party for my nephew, Friday is open as yet (see Wednesday), and Saturday we have a potluck Thanksgiving party with the FRG and a briefing on the soldiers. So the week should fly by.
Our newest project for the kids to do for Daddy is that we went for a drive after Stake Conference today to gather pretty leaves so that we can iron them between wax paper and send Daddy autumn. They were happy to do that. We're holding it together pretty well these days although Aukai still whispers to me that he misses Daddy and they both freak out when they see him on the web-cam. They are so sweet. I am very blessed.
I hope that everyone is well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear about the last date to mail stuff out for Christmas. I'll be sending a packet to Steven too.
I also have to send a box to Germany for the sister of Nathan, I have her for Christmas. For anyone who cares, if you go to the post office and spend $8 and that is it, you can stuff that box with as much as you can and then take it back to the PO and they'll ship it off with no other charges!!
I'm all for it.
Hi kids...watch for something under the tree from Santa Claus...Janell, what do the kids need? Aukai looks so much like Steven!