Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good November

I love November! I love the feeling of Autumn, I love the change in the color of the leaves, trees and shrubs. I love that the sun goes down sooner & that it is a little darker earlier and that the wind is cooler. Well, dang it...I am living in the wrong state. Arizona had Halloween on Friday and it was a whopping 92 degrees. Only 50 kids came by which was disgusting because the year before, there had to have been at least 300 and the year before that, at least 200. I think that it is the economy for 1 and for 2, the freaking' weather. Who wants melted chocolate? Not me...I bought pretzels anyways so my chocolate wasn't melting.

We had stake conference this weekend, however we didn't attend ours because it was televised statewide and so we packed up the dog and some clothes and spent the night out at Thomas & Laurels' home to attend conference with them, Ben, Darwin and Collette. It was a blast. We played games afterwards, the majority of them took naps. I read a few books and played with Ka'le. The house is big enough that he could get lost which was a blast because I could hide and he would run around trying to find me...that was fun. Conference was on unity, change and hope. Elder Packard spoke and he wowed me with the spirit and his awesome stories of being a fighter pilot.

We were also admonished to write a book about our conversion and what it has done for our lives and what it will do, hopefully for the future. So, for everyone...that is what you're going to get for Christmas, according to mom, we aren't drawing names because nobody has the $$ to do it, which is fine, but everyone knows how to type something and mail it out.

I took a couple of pictures and will post them later. My battery died so I couldn't take more! That was sad :o(

We have a very busy November! Nathan is working the polls for voting on Tuesday and I am going to work my butt off this week at work so that I can rack up some OT to pay for Christmas (which I am going to try to keep a secret for Nathan...he needs a pair of shoes so I need to make a few extra dollars).

I am very tired...I need to get to bed. I have been going to bed pretty late lately and its killing me productively at work! I love the mornings and Nathan is a night person so as mentioned, the nights are killing me...this isn't working out well...but it will.

Have a great November.

No comments: