Monday, December 22, 2008

Hit song...all by myself!

I couldn't help the title of todays blog.
Nathan is in Alaska, finally visiting 2 brothers, his sister and spouse and 5 kids so they have a full house this Christmas season!

I don't think their house is any bigger than what we had in Tacoma. It doesn't look any bigger :o)

Ka'le and I have gone on walks at least 1 time every couple of hours. I was supposed to make Holiday cookies and grub for people here at work but it didn't get done because I have no mula to buy the stuff to do it. I started to make buttermilk rolls last night after talking to mom, added to yeast to the flour and realized that I added WAY TO MUCH flour so I didn't finish it, not only that but I realized that the recipe was asking for HONEY and well, I couldn't find any in the house so I needless to say, I didn't do anything else but cover it all and leave it on the counter, so it has probably gone bad!

Ka'le misses Nathan something terrible, he lies by the door waiting for "papa" to come home and so when he hears a car go by or some extra ordinary noise, is right there and wants to go out. He slept with me on the couch last night probably because it was warmer with mom and the blanket than just him on his little bed by the front door.

Church was wonderful. The spirit was there as I partook of the sacrament reminding me of what this life is all about and what we need to do to have joy and peace in this life. It was a gentle reminder that the Savior was born in a stable among the animals with a humble and sweet mother and peaceful and obedient earthly father.

Just a reminder as well that Joseph Smith was too born in humble circumstances 203 years ago tomorrow (12/23/1805) along with mom not so long ago (whew, who would have known ;o) ). I'm grateful for him and his knowledge and faith and understanding of the restoration of the gospel. I too am grateful for MOM and her testimony of the gospel. I wish that she would understand though that she can't solve all the worlds problems and that she is mortal and that we ALL make mistakes. Any how, all is well.

Have a very Merry Christmas and know that you are loved!!
Be good, be nice, be kind!

Karen

No comments: