Sunday, December 14, 2008

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We are starting to get ready for our Christmas here now that Steven has received most of his Christmas for there. We were able to go and buy decorations, thanks to Sears' generosity, so now I have ornaments for the tree and an Angel for the top! I have lights, LOTS of lights, but until now had very little of anything else. The kids get very excited to see Christmas trees and I'm sure they will love having one of our own once we get one this week. All the new ornaments are as indestructible as I could find, wood, pewter, metal, and Plexiglas. Oh, and instead of glass balls, I have large jingle bells. So my plan with all of this is to let the kids decorate as much as they want, while of course I take pictures for Steven to see, and then fixing lopsided-ness once they're in bed. My brother hinted today about a tree, so I may wake up tomorrow to a Christmas tree on my doorstep so that I won't have to try and take the kids out in semi-arctic weather this week to get one.
Our newest activity is going to the YMCA to play, workout and swim twice a week. The kids were VERY nervous the first time we were in the pool. It took me an hour to get Keli'i off of my neck and into the water, but the next time we went, she loved it. It's nice to have somewhere to go to play, but I don't think we'll get to go much this week due to ice. We'll see as the week progresses.
Both Keli'i and Aukai are getting more independent in their playtime, wanting to do everything by themselves. Aukai is really doing good with potty training and Mommy doesn't have to do nearly as many diaper changes. Keli'i is showing interest in the toilet too, so I let her have her turn and soon she should be training too. I anticipate them both being fully potty trained by the end of the winter. (I hope!)
I will be getting the fabric for the quilt I am making for Steven this week and will be getting going on that project. I am excited for it and hope that I can pull it off to have ready for him when he gets his leave. I have between 3 and 4 months, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for Sears!
They are #1 when it comes to families and homes. I love what they do with the ABC Extreme Home Makeover every week. It is awesome.

I have to say that I am SSSSOOOO lazy...I have both packages in the car still for the two kids and for Steven...I went to the post office and didn't have 1 1/2 half to wait in line. I know it sounds terrible but I think that I'll wait to send the package closer to Christmas for both.

Be good and my the Lord continue to bless your family!

S and J plus 4 said...

No worries on the packages, they'll arrive when they do and everyone will enjoy them then. ♥ We love you guys! Hope you have a great week and a wonderful Christmas NEXT week!
♥♥♥♥ Aukai, Keli'i and Janell