Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Today will be a long day once again for those of us who aren't mothers and even those who are mothers will still have a long and wonderful day. I'll probably be a pessimist for this day today but I don't care.

As of midnight last night I officially hate this day. I'm a 35 year old married lady who doesn't have anything to show for myself. I have a great job and a husband who is studying hard so that he can be a helpful supporter to our family. Oh wait, did I say family? We don't have kids, there isn't much of a family here. I can take care of myself, I don't need anybody else to do it for me, what am I saying, family! The dog, Kale, oh yeah, he needs food, water, a walk to the park, an occasional bath, OK, he is exactly like a kid. He begs for ice cream when he sees mom eating some, he wants human treats when we have dinner just like a kid, but guess what? HE IS A DOG so he doesn't count. Oh well, kids are just not for this life. As Nathan always says, "people in this mortal life have to have them because they haven't learned something for themselves that God is trying to teach them and that their kids will teach them and sometimes parents learn and oh boy, as we know some parents don't and so God gives kids to them to humble them and teach them". Families are for the eternities, I have come to the conclusion that my kids are to dang perfect to come down to this nasty terrible world and that God is going to hold on to them for me so that I can pass through the veil and raise them there. I personally don't blame him for doing that. If I were my kids up in heaven waiting to come down to earth, screw it, I wouldn't do it either.

Now for those who are thinking, "man, she is bitter, something isn't going right in their life, their marriage isn't happy and blah, blah, blah"...get over yourself and stop gossiping about what is wrong with my life and worry about yourself. Which I have heard before, its OK, go ahead and gossip and say all you want, just repent when you're done because IT ISN'T TRUE.

I actually enjoy my life and enjoy where I am at this point. As I mentioned above, I said that I would sound like a pessimist and today, of all days, I AM and that is OK. We all are entitled to crappy days and today, on Mothers Day, it just so happens to be mine.

Karen

No comments: